[c-nsp] All multicast punting to CPU on 6500

Robert Williams Robert at CustodianDC.com
Sun Dec 16 10:26:42 EST 2012

Hi,

I've now tried the MAC filtering at the CoPP level. Cisco documentation says "MAC-based matching is done in software only" - which is slightly better than allowing the CPU to process it unnecessarily (correct me if I'm wrong there?).

So to attempt to catch the traffic at the Software CoPP level I've setup a very basic class:

mac access-list extended CoPP-MC-MAC
  permit   any 0100.5e00.0000 0000.00ff.ffff

class-map match-any CoPP-MC-MAC
  match access-group name CoPP-MC-MAC

policy-map CoPP
  class CoPP-MC-MAC
   police 32000 4470 4470    conform-action transmit     exceed-action drop

It applies without error, however, I'm not getting any matches against the policy.

Clearly I'm destined to work on this all day! Any pointers welcome, cheers...

Robert Williams
Custodian Data Centre
Email: Robert at CustodianDC.com
http://www.CustodianDC.com