[c-nsp] All multicast punting to CPU on 6500

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Dec 17 06:38:05 EST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 10:58:12AM +0000, Robert Williams wrote:
> (PS. For the NLB fans, you'll be pleased to know the cluster is now going for good I'm told)

I know I'm going to get stoned for that, but hey, it's Monday anyway...

I actually *like* NLB.  It's a brilliant way to twist IP/ARP into
"create resiliency and load distribution across a few servers, without
having to buy and set up extra boxes to do resilient load balancing".

Of course it's a hack, Cisco gear heavily dislikes it, and you really
do not want to have NLB cluster in the same L2 segment as anything else.

But still, brilliant :-)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de