[c-nsp] R: RE: Same multicast flow with multiple source

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Dec 17 13:06:12 EST 2012

On 17/12/12 17:52, Riccardo S wrote:
> But as you see it seems that the application is the same (same group and same number of pkts received)...
> At least for three sources...

I don't understand what your question is.

Multicast lets >1 host send to the same group (even source-specific
multicast allows this). This is basic to the protocol.

If you only want to receive one of the senders, your application will
need to use the correct socket APIs, or you'll need to stop the other
senders.