[c-nsp] MPLS TE

M K gunner_200 at live.com
Thu Dec 20 05:05:03 EST 2012

Hi all
I have configured MPLS TE with RSVP using ISIS inside the MPLS core
R2 and R4 are my PE routers

R2#sh run int tun0
Building configuration...
Current configuration : 259 bytes
!
interface Tunnel0
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng
 tunnel destination 4.4.4.4
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng autoroute announce
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 1 explicit name PATH
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 2 dynamic
end

R4#sh run int tun 0
Building configuration...
Current configuration : 259 bytes
!
interface Tunnel0
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng
 tunnel destination 2.2.2.2
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng autoroute announce
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 1 explicit name PATH
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 2 dynamic
end

Now , the explicit path is working fine , when I shutdown one of the links across the MPLS backbone , the tunnel interfaces become up again due to the dynamic path configured under the tunnel interface
Now , when I remove the dynamic and configure FRR instead , the tunnel interface keep in the down state (it's line protocol)
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng fast-reroute bw-protect

Am i missing something ?

BR,