[c-nsp] MPLS TE

M K gunner_200 at live.com
Thu Dec 20 07:38:17 EST 2012

R2
router isis 1
 net 49.0001.0000.0000.0002.00
 is-type level-2-only
 metric-style wide
 passive-interface Loopback0
 mpls traffic-eng router-id Loopback0
 mpls traffic-eng level-2

R2#sh run | sec router bgp
router bgp 100
 bgp log-neighbor-changes
 no bgp default ipv4-unicast
 neighbor 4.4.4.4 remote-as 100
 neighbor 4.4.4.4 update-source Loopback0
 !
 address-family ipv4
 exit-address-family
 !
 address-family vpnv4
  neighbor 4.4.4.4 activate
  neighbor 4.4.4.4 send-community both
 exit-address-family
 !
 address-family ipv4 vrf MSSK
  network 1.1.1.1 mask 255.255.255.255
  network 192.1.12.0
 exit-address-family

R4
router isis 1
 net 49.0001.0000.0000.0004.00
 is-type level-2-only
 metric-style wide
 passive-interface Loopback0
 mpls traffic-eng router-id Loopback0
 mpls traffic-eng level-2

R4#sh run | sec router bgp
router bgp 100
 bgp log-neighbor-changes
 no bgp default ipv4-unicast
 neighbor 2.2.2.2 remote-as 100
 neighbor 2.2.2.2 update-source Loopback0
 !
 address-family ipv4
 exit-address-family
 !
 address-family vpnv4
  neighbor 2.2.2.2 activate
  neighbor 2.2.2.2 send-community both
 exit-address-family
 !
 address-family ipv4 vrf MSSK
  network 6.6.6.6 mask 255.255.255.255
  network 192.1.46.0
 exit-address-family

R2#sh mpls traffic-eng tunnels summary
Signalling  Summary:
    LSP Tunnels Process:            running
    Passive LSP Listener:           running
    RSVP Process:                   running
    Forwarding:                     enabled
    Periodic reoptimization:        every 3600 seconds, next in 2998 seconds
    Periodic FRR Promotion:         Not Running
    Periodic auto-bw collection:    every 300 seconds, next in 298 seconds
    P2P:
      Head: 1 interfaces,   1 active signalling attempts, 1 established
            5 activations,  4 deactivations
            4703 failed activations
            0 SSO recovery attempts, 0 SSO recovered
      Midpoints: 0, Tails: 1
    P2MP:
      Head: 0 interfaces,   0 active signalling attempts, 0 established
            0 sub-LSP activations,  0 sub-LSP deactivations
            0 LSP successful activations,  0 LSP deactivations
            0 SSO recovery attempts, LSP recovered: 0 full, 0 partial, 0 fail
      Midpoints: 0, Tails: 0

R4#sh mpls traffic-eng tunnels sum
Signalling  Summary:
    LSP Tunnels Process:            running
    Passive LSP Listener:           running
    RSVP Process:                   running
    Forwarding:                     enabled
    Periodic reoptimization:        every 3600 seconds, next in 2995 seconds
    Periodic FRR Promotion:         Not Running
    Periodic auto-bw collection:    every 300 seconds, next in 295 seconds
    P2P:
      Head: 1 interfaces,   1 active signalling attempts, 1 established
            5 activations,  4 deactivations
            4695 failed activations
            0 SSO recovery attempts, 0 SSO recovered
      Midpoints: 0, Tails: 1
    P2MP:
      Head: 0 interfaces,   0 active signalling attempts, 0 established
            0 sub-LSP activations,  0 sub-LSP deactivations
            0 LSP successful activations,  0 LSP deactivations
            0 SSO recovery attempts, LSP recovered: 0 full, 0 partial, 0 fail
      Midpoints: 0, Tails: 0

Now , shutting down R3 connection to R5 inside the MPLS backbone

R3(config)#int f2/0
R3(config-if)#shut

R2#
*Dec 20 14:33:26.952: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Tunnel0, changed state to down

R2#sh mpls traffic-eng tunnels summary
Signalling  Summary:
    LSP Tunnels Process:            running
    Passive LSP Listener:           running
    RSVP Process:                   running
    Forwarding:                     enabled
    Periodic reoptimization:        every 3600 seconds, next in 2904 seconds
    Periodic FRR Promotion:         Not Running
    Periodic auto-bw collection:    every 300 seconds, next in 204 seconds
    P2P:
      Head: 1 interfaces,   0 active signalling attempts, 0 established
            6 activations,  6 deactivations
            4709 failed activations
            0 SSO recovery attempts, 0 SSO recovered
      Midpoints: 0, Tails: 1
    P2MP:
      Head: 0 interfaces,   0 active signalling attempts, 0 established
            0 sub-LSP activations,  0 sub-LSP deactivations
            0 LSP successful activations,  0 LSP deactivations
            0 SSO recovery attempts, LSP recovered: 0 full, 0 partial, 0 fail
      Midpoints: 0, Tails: 0

BR,