[c-nsp] 10G Routing/Forwarding

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Dec 20 17:33:11 EST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:41:55PM +0400, stasm wrote:
> 4500x with 16x10GE now cost only $16K, so $1K for one 10GE port + VSS for
> free and much more ;)

Yeah, the 4500-X looks quite good.  Alas, it seems to be a bit hard to
actually *get* one - our suppliers quote "6-8 weeks" which usually means
"we might eventually get some next year".

Has anyone of you actually laid hands on one, and gained some experience,
like "what is missing in L3 features that you wanted to have"?

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de