[c-nsp] spanning tree on me3600x

Waris Sagheer (waris) waris at cisco.com
Thu Dec 27 19:36:39 EST 2012

That's correct. EVC only supports MST.

Regards,
Waris

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Reuben Farrelly
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:08 PM
To: Aaron
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] spanning tree on me3600x

Hi Aaron

See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/15.2_4_S/configuration/guide/swevc.html#wp1002521

*When STP mode is PVST+ or PVRST, EFP information is not passed to the protocol. EVC only supports only MSTP.

We're running Rapid-PVST but it only operates on normal trunk and access ports, and not via EVCs.

I had a TAC case going where there was suspicions that STP was the cause of a problem we were seeing, advice from the BU engineer at the time was that Rapid-PVST would and could never be supported across EFP.  It's MST or nothing.

Reuben