[c-nsp] ASR9K Netflow nextas/prevas only?

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Thu Dec 27 21:57:29 EST 2012

It's been a while since I've played with netflow, but back in the olden days, I seem to remember srcas and dstas were pretty useful.  I'd use that to figure where my traffic was going and figure out what IX I should pull to or what upstream I should buy from.

Now in the ASR9K/v9/IPFIX days, it seem that Cisco has done something silly and turned off bgpSourceAsNumber (16)/bgpDestinationAsNumber (17) fields in favor of bgpNextAdjacentAsNumber (128) and bgpPrevAdjacentAsNumber (129).  Pretty much rendering any sort of decent traffic engineering useless.

What are folks doing to workaround this?  The only thing I can see is something like pmacct that can correlate real-time BGP data to get source/destination AS.  as-stats looked interesting, but it's v8 only.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.