[c-nsp] ppp over ds1 with radius

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Mon Dec 31 16:02:24 EST 2012

Hi,

     I have a 7201 doing PPPoE for > 1000 users already. I am looking to
expand the set of services from this device to include doing PPP (and
eventually multilink-ppp) for T1 connected subscribers, but it's not
going so well right now.

     I currently have a t1 connected test subscriber with a 1721 router
on their end with ppp encapsulation. I am expecting the 7201 to
authenticate the presented ppp username and password, and apply
configuration items from the radius profile to interface. This works
fine on PPPoE interfaces, but when I do it over the T1 interface, none
of the paramaters appear to be applied.

     I have checked the radius request and response (tcpdump) and can
see clearly that the 7201 is issuing a proper looking access-request,
and the radius server is sending a legitimate access-response. I can 'sh
sss session' and see my test user in the list, but again no ip
paramaters have been set up on the serial interface.

     I am wondering how this is supposed to work. For pppoe, I am using
bba-group and virtual templates and so forth, but for straight ppp I
sort of expected the interface to just pick up what it needed. Is there
anyone with a quick example that might shed some light on this?

Mike-