[c-nsp] IPv6 in Bridge-Group on 2921 w/ 15.1.3T3

annie zete annie.zete at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:25:57 EST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to have IPv6 packets injected into a bridge-group.
I have seen that a bug was around (CSCta27529), until at least 15.1.2.

I'm now running 15.1.3T3 and still can't get 2 facing IPv6 BVI interfaces
to ping each other. This is working with IPv4 on the same BG.

Here is how the interfaces are configured on each 2921 (second unit
has its IPs incremented by 1).

interface GigabitEthernet0/1/0.99 (To the facing 2921, same config)
 encapsulation dot1Q 99
 bridge-group 99

interface BVI99
 ip address 1.2.3.60 255.255.255.240
 standby 99 ip 1.2.3.62
 standby 99 priority 151
 standby 99 preempt
 ipv6 address 2001:db8::60/64
 ipv6 enable

interface GigabitEthernet0/1.99
 encapsulation dot1Q 99
 bridge-group 99

#sh ipv6 int bvi99
BVI99 is up, line protocol is up
  IPv6 is enabled, link-local address is FE80::200:CFF:FADA:74C8
  No Virtual link-local address(es):
  Global unicast address(es):
    2001:db8::60, subnet is 2001:db8::/64
  Joined group address(es):
    FF02::1
    FF02::2
    FF02::1:FF00:60
    FF02::1:FADA:74C8
  MTU is 1500 bytes
  ICMP error messages limited to one every 100 milliseconds
  ICMP redirects are enabled
  ICMP unreachables are sent
  ND DAD is enabled, number of DAD attempts: 1
  ND reachable time is 30000 milliseconds (using 30000)
  ND advertised reachable time is 0 (unspecified)
  ND advertised retransmit interval is 0 (unspecified)
  ND router advertisements are sent every 200 seconds
  ND router advertisements live for 1800 seconds
  ND advertised default router preference is Medium
  Hosts use stateless autoconfig for addresses.

The output looks the same on the other router.

So far, i've tried the following images :
c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-1.T.bin
c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-3.T3.bin
c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M.bin

debug ipv6 packet shows that the packets are sent into the bridge-group,
but they seem to
disappear then.

Has anyone experienced such a behavior ?

Thanks a lot for any help on this topic

Best regards,

Annie