[c-nsp] ASR1000 - Software Redundancy

Christophe Fillot cf at utc.fr
Wed Feb 1 11:40:52 EST 2012

Antonio Soares wrote:
> Strange, I'm running 3.4.2S. Can you try after adding the "service internal"
> into the global configuration ?

I already had it in the config. Same message if I remove it.

I'm using 3.4.0aS: asr1001-universalk9.03.04.00a.S.151-3.S0a.bin

Maybe newer releases don't have this limit.

About the memory allocated to IOSd processes: iirc there are a bit
similar to
IOU and they are started by a script which specifies the amount of memory
to use:

# show platform software process environment ios rp active
[...]
PROCESS                         linux_iosd-image
PROCESS_ARGUMENTS               -n 32768 -m 1400 -c /config
NETIO_NETMAP                    /usr/binos/bin/rp/NETMAP

Maybe it would be possible to change the value for the "-m" parameter, but
that would be unsupported.