[c-nsp] Cisco Router - L2L VPN and Remote Access VPN on same Router Example

Bernard Wanyama bwanyama at syntechug.com
Thu Feb 2 09:13:46 EST 2012

Hi Erik,

Try this:

aaa authentication login LOCAL_AUTH local  >>> keeps your SSH & Telnet working

aaa authorization network VPN_LOCAL_AUTH local >>>> for Xauth

crypto map REMOTE_VPN client authentication list LOCAL_AUTH
crypto map REMOTE_VPN isakmp authorization list VPN_LOCAL_AUTH

Create dynamic crypto map for the L2L:
crypto dynamic-map REMOTE_MAP 1
 set transform-set STRONG-AES
 reverse-route

Let the Remote Access VPNs come first:
crypto map REMOTE_VPN 1 ipsec-isakmp

Then proceed with a dynamic map:
crypto map REMOTE_VPN 120 ipsec-isakmp dynamic REMOTE_MAP

Apply crypto map on the interface.

Kind regards,
Bernard