[c-nsp] 7600 layer 2 local switching: EVC to SVI

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Fri Feb 3 14:45:11 EST 2012

Jason,

The local connect option ("connect ..." CLI) is used to connect 2 EVCs
together, without a shared SVI between them.
This is basically the local alternative of a p2p xconnect.

If you want to use local switching, through an SVI (mac learning etc,
but allows also using non-EVC access ports), you just use the
"bridge-domain VLAN-ID" command inside both EVCs.

Arie