[c-nsp] ASR XR LACP config guide? - Update!

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Feb 4 07:38:33 EST 2012

On Saturday, February 04, 2012 08:35:48 PM Mark Tinka wrote:

> No worries, happens to me all the time :-). Whoever
> dreamt this up at Cisco was obviously using a different
> keyboard. This is how you end up ordering the wrong part
> and only realize after it has arrived :-).

Anyway, configuring LACP on IOS XE is not different from
doing it in IOS. If you know how to do it in IOS, it's the
same in IOS XE.

Just be mindful of the readiness of some features. We had a
couple of ASR1006's running as core boxes in a small PoP a
while back, and were running a ton of LACP bundles. Some
features were not supported, e.g., MPLS-TE, QoS (I forget in
which direction), BFD, e.t.c.

So be sure to confirm all the features you have on physical
interfaces will work on bundled links, so you're not
surprised when you cut over.

Mark.