[c-nsp] ASR100x route tables sanity check

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Feb 4 11:54:17 EST 2012

On Sunday, February 05, 2012 12:36:34 AM Gert Doering wrote:

> What happens if ESP runs out of FIB slots?

My SE (and someone from one of the BU's at Cisco) said that
they think the only boxes that stop forwarding traffic
altogether due to congested FIB's are IOS XR boxes.

All other boxes (IOS) will process look-ups in the control
plane CPU. This implies IOS XE will work the same way,
although I have no real evidence of this.

Mark.