[c-nsp] ASR100x route tables sanity check

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Feb 5 04:36:28 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 12:45:58AM +0100, ?ukasz Bromirski wrote:
> >What happens if ESP runs out of FIB slots?
>
> That's still a bit complicated issue. Generally, FIB uses the DRAM
[..]

Thanks for the details.  This is really appreciated to understand
how things work "inside".

> On the 7600 however, in the 12.2SR traing and specifically from
> 12.2(33)SRB3 on, the system will program drop adjacency for the
> prefixes that can't fit into TCAM FIB.

Oh?  Didn't know that, but that's interesting.  (Now I could insert
some standard rant about BU splits, and "why do people think that this
would not be relevant to the 6500 users?", but I'm not)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de