[c-nsp] ASA/mail

Ghassan.khalil ghassan.khalil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:59:12 EST 2012

I have an imap Server behind an ASA firewall
When I telnet from a server on the inside network to the private IP of the IMAP server I get correct response with mail server text message.

But when I do the same from a public IP to the Public IP of the same server, I get different response as the page shows black with no text.

The IT team are sure that their mail server is configured properly.
I tried to turn off the inspection on the firewall but it did not solve the case.