[c-nsp] Cisco's new 4500-X 10G Aggregation Switches

Sachin Gupta (sagupta) sagupta at cisco.com
Fri Feb 10 12:03:10 EST 2012

Hello,

The pricing has been finalized. The 4500-X comes in following configs
(with one power supply):

All list price:
16p SFP+ is $24k (capable of 64k routes)
24p SFP+ is $32k (capable of 64k routes)
32p SFP+ is $40k (capable of 256k routes)
40p SFP+ is $48k (capable of 256k routes)
2nd Power Supply is $2k
IP Base is default, full routing comes in Enterprise Services license
which is $10k

Other info:
Can use AC/AC, DC/DC, or AC/DC redundant power supplies
Front-to-back or back-to-front airflow configurations available
Consumes about 320W with 40p and SFP+ SR optics configured
21 inches deep, 1RU
Any SFP+ port can take a Gig SFP as well

Expected orderability for 32/40p configs is in March, with FCS in April,
with 16/24p about 3 months later. 8xSFP+ uplink module today with plans
for 2x40G uplinks in about a year. No plans for 100G.

Sachin

--
  Sachin Gupta | Sr. Director, Product Management | Cisco