[c-nsp] Cisco's new 4500-X 10G Aggregation Switches

harbor235 harbor235 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:05:33 EST 2012

As far as the "tens of millions of routes" comment goes, my thoughts
are along the lines of no real hardware out there designed for V6
from the get go. Its all old V4 designed hardware retro-fitted for V6
with a few exceptions.

My rant did proceed with thoughts on the edge forgetting it was a switch
      ;{

"Whoa, I seem to have missed something.  Last time I checked, we're
at about 8000, and if we grow with the same speed (which is unlikely,
but still) it will take about 30 more years to reach "tens of millions"..."

Outside the US there will be substantially more commitment to V6 and at a
quicker pace, the PAC RIM comes to mind. So when it goes it will not be at
the
same pace. I guess my complaint is there WILL BE incremental updates
relatively soon. So........

This means I agree it will not have tens of millions V6 route capabilities,
even at the edge.

Mike