[c-nsp] Cisco's new 4500-X 10G Aggregation Switches

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sun Feb 12 06:04:30 EST 2012

On 2/10/12 8:45 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:

> Personally, I'm also amazed cisco still sells non-gigabit switches in
 > 2011/2012.  I thought they were a technology company.

There are many existing customers still willing to buy only FE switches,
because of number of reasons - including existing cabling requirements
or policy things. No matter how would you approach this from sanity
point of view - it's their choice and a market to sell to.

On the other side, Cisco policy to insert a product is always based on
a life expectancy of 4-5 years at minimum. Given there are still
customers willing to buy it (or forced to - see above) I don't see
compelling reason to loose business being handed over to you on a plate.

My 0.02c.

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
  you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
  about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net