[c-nsp] Feedback on "terminal exec prompt timestamp"

Vinny_Abello at Dell.com Vinny_Abello at Dell.com
Wed Feb 15 14:05:58 EST 2012

No thanks. When I want that info I'll ask for it or I'll turn this feature on. Plus it could break or confuse scripts and programs that interact with Cisco routers.

-Vinny

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Preston Chilcote (pchilcot)
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:46 PM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] Feedback on "terminal exec prompt timestamp"

Some folks in TAC are pushing to get "terminal exec prompt timestamp"
turned on by default.  This would add 2 lines to every command being
run.  For example:

Router#show arp
Load for five secs: 4%/0%; one minute: 3%; five minutes: 3%
Time source is NTP, 09:43:00.607 PST Wed Feb 15 2012

We'd love to hear what you guys think.  Whether it would be annoying,
impact operations (maybe scripts you have running), or does anyone use
this routinely already?

Negative and positive feedback is encouraged.

Thanks,
Preston Chilcote
Cisco TAC