[c-nsp] Feedback on "terminal exec prompt timestamp"

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:53:12 EST 2012

I agree, changing the default isn't the best idea.  However, the inclusion
of cpu load as available output during logging might be pretty slick.
Something like this:

Nov 10 13:14:44.473 EST: %BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 366.215.152.165 Down
Interface flap

could become:

Nov 10 13:14:44.473 EST: %BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 536.215.152.165 Down
Interface flap; Load for five secs: 4%/0%; one minute: 3%; five minutes: 3%

with an available logging option set.  Seeing what the CPU was doing for 5
seconds or a minute prior to an event would be useful, as this kind of
resolution isn't available in the 'sh proc cpu hist' command more than a
minute after the event happened.  Or is this available, and I just haven't
stumbled upon it?

Thanks,

Chuck