[c-nsp] Feedback on "terminal exec prompt timestamp"

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Thu Feb 16 04:34:34 EST 2012

> Having a timestamp is a great help in troubleshooting and "forensics".
> I'd prefer every line to have a timestamp though, including config mode
> lines. Maybe a counter from the session start postfixed the hostname
> like this:
>
> (just logged in)
> Hostname[0:00]#
> Hostname[0:15]#sh int status

Now this might actually be useful, although I'd prefer to see clock time rather than elapsed time.  It's unobtrusive, and potentially useful to correlate activities with log events, especially if you log (and save) your terminal sessions.

> Load for five secs: 2%/0%; one minute: 2%; five minutes: 2%
> Time source is NTP, 19:56:38.103 CET Wed Feb 15 2012

This is spammy and intrusive.  Do not want, certainly not by default.

Regards,
Tim.