[c-nsp] Fibre link flapping

Christopher J. Wargaski wargo1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:51:08 EST 2012

Hello Ambedkar--

   Look for any tight bends in your fiber. Rule of thumb is do not make the
bend any tighter than a soda can.

   Also, you may want to find yourself a can of compressed air and a nice
soft cloth for cleaning eyeglasses. Remove the fiber from the GBIC/SFP,
blow any dust off of the tip and lightly wipe it with the cloth.

   Of course, there are more professional cleaning kits and procedures (
http://tinyurl.com/7ryqasp)

cjw