[c-nsp] FWSM Throughput - 7K ASA

scott owens scottowens12 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:13:21 EST 2012

We have gone down this thought process, what we keep bumping up against is
the very nature of the bandwidth and non-symmetric routing that is expected
from a set of 7Ks, especially connected to other [ 5K, UCS ] types of
devices with VPCs.- I have 80 Gb to/from 7K s to UCS in addition to the 7K
to 5548s or ........ no firewall made can run that speed .

What is even more thought provoking is if you have multiple data centers
with L2 connections between them.
A packet may enter a vlan at Site1,7K1 but via HSRP/GLBP want to leave via
Site2,7K2.