[c-nsp] Megapath frame relay question

Bill bill at siliconics.net
Thu Feb 23 13:09:22 EST 2012

Dear Cisco gurus,

I have the following simple config for a frame-relay T1 on Megapath's
network:

interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x !!!!!!!!!!!!(publicly addressable /29)
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface Serial0/0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 no fair-queue
 frame-relay interface-dlci 16 ppp Virtual-Template1 !!!!!!!!!(I've seen
examples where this line is entered on a sub-interface - not sure if this
matters)
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi
!
interface Virtual-Template1
 ip address negotiated
 ppp chap hostname username at bz8
 ppp chap password 0 password
 ppp ipcp dns request
 ppp ipcp route default
 ppp ipcp address accept
!
The issue I have is, there's no connectivity from the router itself.
Anything behind the router - using the LAN IP block - works fine.  For
example, within the Cisco CLI, if I issue the ping command by itself, I get
no reply.  If I issue the ping command & specify that the source address is
the IP on the FastE interface, then I get replies.

This seems to me like an issue with the way Megapath provisions these
circuits but I'm trying to see if there's a simple way to workaround the
issue.  Such as making ALL traffic from the router appear to originate from
the IP on the FastE interface.

Thanks in advance for your help/replies.

Bill