[c-nsp] Megapath frame relay question

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Thu Feb 23 17:01:45 EST 2012

Ok, few points.

FIrst, yes, Megapath is going to assign you a 172.16 address to your wan interface.  This is a pretty standard Covad / Megapath thing.

Next, when I've done this is memory served I had to use a dialer interface for the actual interface and bind that to a sub interface using a dialer pool

You should see something like a standard interface when you show the dialer that includes the IP assigned.
Then you set your default route with ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 interface dialer1
and it should work, at least as well as Megapath circuits ever work which is definitely not that well.  If you google Cisco PPP over FR you should find the example I used as the first or second listing with a great config example.

GOod luck