[c-nsp] MPLS TE conver from IOS to IOS-XR

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Feb 26 23:43:54 EST 2012

On Monday, February 27, 2012 12:14:15 PM Xu Hu wrote:

> Yes, i am referring the ospf hello-interval.
> In the 7609 IOS configuration, under the interface, we
> had the ospf configuration as bellow:
>
> "ip ospf dead-interval minimal hello-multiplier 3"
> if we configure this command, the ospf hello interval
> will be 333 msec.
>
> "Timer intervals configured, Hello 333 msec, Dead 1, Wait
> 1, Retransmit 5"

So what you're talking about is the "OSPF Support for Fast
Hellos" feature from Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/fasthelo.html

This feature combines the Hello Interval and Dead Interval,
along with some enhancements that make it behave like BFD in
a way.

AFAICT, it's only supported in IOS (and perhaps, IOS XE).
You can tweak both the Hello and Dead Interval timers in IOS
XR, but they lack of the enhancements to enable fast
detection.

For IOS XR, yes, BFD is your best bet.

Mark.