[c-nsp] RP Migration option

Андрей Андреев a.andreev at teztour.com
Mon Feb 27 04:43:54 EST 2012

Thank you.
All your ideas are very helpful to me, I also think about multiple
Anycast RP in domain.

After reading several materials i see the following migration steps

1) start to use BSR to announce partner RP, so all network devices
without *override* keyword will use dynamic mapping.
2) then use bsr-border command at ASBR and start to use own network RP
address.

One problem still exist, partner cant run BSR with us (only MSDP and
MBGP), so i need to inject partner RP address via BSR in my domain.
If i can do this all PIM speakers in my domain will see BSR RP-Mapping
without run BSR between domain.

Please review the following algorithm to spoof BSR announce:
1) Put current partner RP address on Loopback as /32 in stub router
without multicast clients and transit multicast capability.
2) Activate PIM-SM on this interface and cBSR/cRP on this router.
3) Did not announce this address in IGP.

If i right, all my network will see dynamic mapping know by spoof BSR
and will use external path to partner RP address known by MBGP.

Then i will careful migrate own network and clients to dynamic mappings use.
And finally turn ON own Anycast RPs and turn OFF spoof cBSR/cRP.

Is this right way?