[c-nsp] TACACS vs RADIUS

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold xenophage at godshell.com
Mon Feb 27 19:57:54 EST 2012

On Feb 27, 2012, at 5:20 PM, Scott Voll wrote:
> Radius will allow the Enable prompt.
>
> Authorization is the thing to be lost.

Well, either you're an admin, or you're not.  We don't do in-betweens..  :)

> I just started my roll out of ISE and the ease of setting up is something
> else you will lose with Radius.  TACACS is much easier to setup.  Just my
> two cents.

I'm tired of the Cisco Kool-Aid..  The only Cisco we've had luck with is the hardware.  We've replaced all of the software-based stuff… ACS, LMS, NAC, etc.  ISE doesn't interest me much at this point...

> Scott

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
xenophage at godshell.com
"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
- Niven's Inverse of Clarke's Third Law