[c-nsp] TACACS vs RADIUS

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold xenophage at godshell.com
Mon Feb 27 22:17:36 EST 2012

On Feb 27, 2012, at 8:25 PM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus/
>
> Cisco wrote the original version but hasn't contributed anything for some
> years.  One great feature of this daemon is that it doesn't have a GUI, and
> that it's fully configuration file based.
>
> Obviously if you don't like it, you should use something else.

Actually, that's what we're using now and it works great.  I was looking elsewhere because we have RADIUS which we need, and we have LDAP, which we need..  Mayhaps we can have tac_plus talk to LDAP?  Though I haven't seen a way to do that as of yet ...

> Nick

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
xenophage at godshell.com
"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
- Niven's Inverse of Clarke's Third Law