[c-nsp] vs route leaking into globasl on the samer box

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Mon Jan 2 15:08:48 EST 2012

You can insert statics to an L3 interface with a next-hop of a second
router (very kludgy and inefficient, but required for the reason you
discovered).

You can use a FWSM or external box to handle the route [leak].

You can loop a cable between global and the target VRF.

You can do "VRF Selection using Policy-Based Routing" (Google that on
site:cisco.com) where you define an SVI that exists in multiple VRFs
and/or global, and you use policy-based routing to select the forwarding
table to be used in lookups for traffic received on that interface.  IOS
will insert the interface as a connected route in each of the included
VRFs.  We use this to land VPN traffic... (VPN box defaults to route to
the global address of the selector interface, and policy-routes based on
the source address of the incoming VPN traffic)

Jeff