[c-nsp] OSPF stability issues with 12.2SXI on 6500/Sup720?

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 22:58:05 EST 2012

Any control plane policing?  We had a similar issue at last job, turned out
a few of our OSPF sessions weren't placed in the above-best-effort class.
Our IA people running a network scanner occasionally without telling us
would cause many drops in the best effort class, causing OSPF session drops.
After adding those few OSPF sessions to the right class, problem went away.
This as with SXI3, and eventually SXI4.  Other than that, no issues.  That
was with VSS mode, and lots of DFCs, if that makes a difference.

Chuck