[c-nsp] channel fails when using sup 10g port ?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Jan 5 13:49:21 EST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 04:54:36PM +0000, Jeffrey G. Fitzwater wrote:
> So the only unique thing, is both ends are sup-720-10g in the broken case.
> Its not the LACP proto since I tried  MODE ON with same problem.
> What is also odd is when I disable one port of the channel, and do the "show ether channel 16 summ", only the 16 is present with both port (one DOWN). the 16A is gone.
> As soon was I enable the other port the 16A shows up.
>
> Whats odd is there is nothing in the log telling why the channel did not come up correctly instead of this 16 and 16A .

As I said: most likely the *other* end is not agreeing that these ports
should be channeled, and thus *your* side is creating two channels after
negotiation with the remote side.

If only one port is up, there is no second channel, thus no 16A.

Check the config on the other end.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de