[c-nsp] Per-host IP assignment for L2TP clients to LNS ASR

Pawlowski, Maciej mp185067 at ncr.com
Mon Jan 9 16:13:35 EST 2012

Hi,

We are going to set-up ASR1001 router for terminating PPP sessions from CPE devices via L2TP.

We must provide per-host IP reservation for each CPE (CPE might be preconfigured first). For some reasons ($:) ) we are looking for using DHCPd instead of CSACS.

1. Does IOS-XE support relay of IPCP (or DHCP) requests from PPP clients to DHCP server ?
2. Which parameters are forwarded to DHCP server - the point is how DHCPd can identify particular CPE ?

I don't have a lot of experience on this topic, so the help is appreciated.

 What about using FreeRadius for this ?

Cheers,

Maciek