[c-nsp] Cisco 881G PPPoE Issue

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Wed Jan 11 18:47:46 EST 2012

I currently have a permanent license for advanced ip services:

License Info:

License UDI:

Device#   PID                   SN
*0        CISCO881G-K9          FTX15388XXX

License Information for 'c880-data'
     License Level: advipservices   Type: Permanent
     Next reboot license Level: advipservices

I'm wondering if the PPPoE server functionality is simply broken?

At 06:33 PM 11/01/2012, Aled Morris wrote:
>On 11 January 2012 19:55, Clayton Zekelman
><<mailto:clayton at mnsi.net>clayton at mnsi.net> wrote:
>
>Cisco IOS Software, C880 Software (C880DATA-UNIVERSALK9-M),Version
>15.1(1)T3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
>"flash:c880data-universalk9-mz.151-1.T3.bin"
>

>I believe IOS 15 on the 881 requires feature licensing.
>
>Which licenses do you have installed?
>
>You could enable the "trial" licenses for Advanced IP Services to
>see if the PPPoE relay feature is then enabled.
>
>I ran into this on my 1920 router - IPv6 is included in the base
>license but IPv6 over IPv4 Tunnels are not, so I had to buy a data
>license (which cost almost as much as the router!)
>
>Aled

---

Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)