[c-nsp] forced path MPLS tunnel question

Cory Ayers cayers at ena.com
Tue Jan 17 10:06:02 EST 2012

Hi Gert,

> the explicit-path configured lists the loopback interfaces of all the
> routers I want the tunnel to touch, in sequence, with no gaps.  Labels
> for
> the loopbacks are there, as for the endpoint:

Have you tried using the point-to-point next-hop (as it would appear in a traceroute) rather than loopbacks for each hop?

ip explicit-path name FOO
  next-address (P2P hop 1)
  next-address (P2P hop N)
  next-address (loopback, Tunnel Destination)

You'll still need mpls and traffic-eng tunnels configured on each interface of the label path.  You can verify with show mpls interfaces.  And then there's the IGP.

Cory