[c-nsp] Flow tools

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jan 18 07:14:11 EST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:27:57AM +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> ... and also if you decide to change from origin-as to peer-as or
> vice-versa on a sup720, you should expect the sup720's CPU to be trashed
> for a couple of minutes.

Ouch.  What is it doing there?  Sounds like it has some sort of lookup
cache to get the AS number, and needs to rebuild that...

Some nice addition to netflow would be to have "origin *and* peer AS",
just btw...  depending on which link I'm trying to do statistics, I
need "peer AS" [IXPs] or "origin AS" [behind transit links]...)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de