[c-nsp] 7200 -> 6503

John Elliot johnelliot67 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 00:59:58 EST 2012

Thanks Mikael

> Depends on what you want to do. If you just want to forward the packets
> then 6500/7600 is a good deal, if you want to do something intelligent
> with them (shape them, QoS etc), then it starts to make less sense
> (because the LCs to do this are expensive).

We do some (limited) qos egress to clients from the 7200's atm (Simply matching markings, and applying priorities)...Does the 6500/7600 need a specific line card to do this?We also do some gold/silver/bronze prioritization on our inter-pop links.
> Also note that the SUP32 won't take a full BGP table, so you have to get
> the 720-XL ones.

Our 7200's currently take full table...was planning on keeping the 7200's for this role(plus LNS)
The 6500's and 7600's look pretty similar....(7600 supports more WAN cards?)
Cheers.