[c-nsp] 7600 Owners, failure stats wanted

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 07:19:19 EST 2012

Hi All,

I'm now lab'ing up a 7609-R for deployment in the near future. It has
a single RSP720-3CXL-GE in it. What I want to know is, all of you that
have or do run 7600's, what are your real world failure rates of the
RSP modules?

I can have dual RSPs but how likely are they too fail? I want to know
from 7600's owners/managers out there, how many SUPs or RSPs have you
had fail on you (or not if non have failed on you), and how long were
they in service before they failed (or how long were they in service
without failing, if that is the case for you)?

Are they more likely to fail the other line cards? It doesn't seem
very common practice to have to of every card in the chassis and
provide customers with a port on two switching modules for example, so
why dual RSPs? Are they *that* much more likely to fail?

Thanks for your time,
--
James.
http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/