[c-nsp] Nexus 5596 architecture

Jiri Prochazka jiri.prochazka at superhosting.cz
Thu Jan 26 20:30:52 EST 2012

Hi,

we are considering investment in a few Nexus 5596 switches. All Cisco
documents say it has 96 non-blocking 10G ports (for L2). Is it _really_
true? Can the switch reach throughput of 960 Gbps regardless the traffic
distribution? Is't there some hidden limitaion, which is not presented
by Cisco? :-) I've heard some rumors about this, but nothing particular.

First thig which comes to my mind is a doubt, if all three expansion
modules really do have 160 Gbps connection to the fabric..

Thank you for comments,

Jiri