[c-nsp] Cisco ME3800X/ME3600X - Any experiences worth sharing?

Charles Mills w3yni1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:29:58 EST 2012

Given where this thread has gone I thought I'd weigh in on some of my
experiences.

We have two in production for a metro ethernet network of about 65 sites
through a metro-e provider.  We run two AS's on the box (one for the MetroE
cloud and one to our backbone).  I've noticed that when redistributing from
the Cloud AS to the Backbone AS, directly connected routes "rot away" after
a period of time from 15 minutes to 2 or 3 days.  Workaound now is a static
but TAC seemed to think it was normal behavior but now is leaning towards a
bug as well.

I echo the sentiment that there's some definite buggy behavior on various
fronts and not a lot of IOS versions out yet.  I wonder how many of the
early ones will go deferred once a lot of these bad ones are worked out.

Chuck