[c-nsp] Nexus 5596 architecture

John Gill johgill at cisco.com
Fri Jan 27 16:19:37 EST 2012

Hi Jiri,
The bandwidth to the fabric is dedicated and the expansion modules have
their own forwarding engines on them, so they are no different than the
base ports except that they can be swapped out.

What kind of traffic are you interested in running?  Unicast, multicast,
QoS requirements? Do you have low-latency requirements?  10G or 1G?  Do
you know how much buffering you would need with your traffic flows?  Or
is this mostly fact finding for now?  Let me know if you have any
specific rumors as well.

Regards,
John Gill
cisco