[c-nsp] Outbound drops on 6748

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 12:52:03 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Matthew Huff <mhuff at ox.com> wrote:
> Cisco Nexus 3000 Series switches. They came out to compete with Arista in the HFT world, but are useful anywhere latency and/or bursting is an issue:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11541/index.html

Nexus 3000 have 9MB buffers comparing to 1.3MB per port at
WS-X6748-GE-TX. Will ultra-low-latency switching decreases need amount
of buffers ? What about for using Nexus 3000 for long-distance
connection (eg. 120KM). Do I need more buffers for 120KM Ethernet that
for 10KM Ethernet ? (normal traffic , no storage)