[c-nsp] Router 7200 + GE-PE module

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Jan 29 21:42:33 EST 2012

On Monday, January 30, 2012 05:50:42 AM Gert Doering wrote:

> The NPE-G2 should be able to do GigE line rate on each
> single port, but not on all 4 of them simultaneously
> (maybe for full size packets and "no features on", but
> not for internet mix).  Thus, not all of them are fully
> loaded on the original poster's box :-)

Indeed.

1Gbps is just about the aggregated capacity an NPE-G2 can
handle. As I've mentioned before on this list, running as a
core box (MPLS, IS-IS, RSVP, no BGP [except for v6] no
ACL's), we were able to pus 950Mbps through the whole box at
some 91% CPU utilization without packet loss (save for
microbursts, of course).

Mark.