[c-nsp] 7600 w/ WS-SUP720-3B IOS 15.x

Jay McMaster jmcmaster at advancedipsolutions.ca
Mon Jul 2 14:08:18 EDT 2012

What they *could* easily do is support the 7600 chassis in the Catalyst 6500
software 15.0 SY. That I think they might, and there's kind of a poetic
justice in it if they do, because everything would then be back to square
one. Maybe, just because of that, they won't: It would look like they made a
mistake when they split the two products.
==================

I believe Cisco is back to square one. Went down the 2T path with our
account team only to find that the EVC model is not supported with EoMPLS or
VPLS.  I wouldn't go so far as to say it is a mistake but from a customer's
perspective, the confusion does make my head hurt.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15.0SY/release
_notes.html#wp2560852
New Hardware Features in Release 15.0(1)SY1
[snip]
.Cisco 7609-S chassis (CISCO7609-S)

Cheers,

Jay McMaster, Consultant