[c-nsp] Netflow + MPLS issue on PE routers

JC Cockburn ccie15385 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 06:41:05 EDT 2012

Hi,
This always comes up...
Try adding this command

mls nde sender

should be OK then...
Ciao
JC

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Anrey Teslenko
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 12:19 PM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] Netflow + MPLS issue on PE routers

Hello!

We are exporting netlfow statistic from our PE routers (C7600).

We use flow export v5. Netflow collector is Flow-capture.
We observed that  statistic which we exported are not correct.
Too small amounts of traffic in statistic compared to the actual value

PHP is disabled on PE routers (for some reason) so packages have MPLS
header.
We think this is main cause why  we didn't receive properly statistics.
But PHP must be disabled for us.

My question is:
What should we do to recive a correct statistic?
Could we enable only flow export v9 to fix that?
or maybe
Could we enable only "ip flow egress" per downlink interfaces? If this
possible  for 7600.

What are you think about "MPLS-aware NetFlow"? Could it to help us?

Thanks in advance.