[c-nsp] Ethernet linkdown detection

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Jul 6 11:48:47 EDT 2012

On (2012-07-06 15:55 +0100), Nick Hilliard wrote:

> > https://www.iol.unh.edu/services/testing/ge/knowledgebase/
> > You want to look at the docs on auto-negotiation.
> actually, you want the clause 40 pdf, particularly pages 38 onwards.

Thanks Nick, but I don't think it really answers to the questions set.

a) this relies on 1000Base-T fast-link-pulses to change value of variable
'link_status'. I'm not sure if this transfers to 10GBase-LR

b) it does not answer, why sometimes this works just fine, but sometimes it
does not (with link-nego!) with 3rd party WDM transports.
--
  ++ytti