[c-nsp] IOS 15.0 ipv6-related weirdness (fails to fallback to ipv4)

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Tue Jul 10 08:09:43 EDT 2012

> Is "ipv6 enable" configured on any interface at all?  What does a "show
> ipv6 interfaces" say?
>
> With ipv6-unicast routing disabled, the router will still function as
> an
> ipv6 host if there are any IPv6 configured interfaces.  And google
> returns both an A and AAAA record for google.com.

This was my first thought also, however, the post of:

c2800#sh ipv6 interface brief
 FastEthernet0/0            [up/up]
     unassigned
 FastEthernet0/1            [up/up]
     Unassigned

Appears to disprove that. I would think this is just a bug.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff        | Fax:   914-460-4139