[c-nsp] VLAN Interfaces and ACLs on a 7600....am I losing my mind?

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 00:27:07 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Randy <randy_94108 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> is it possible that the netmask on linux servers in vlan 20 do not match netmask on svi for vlan 20 on 7600?
> ./Randy

Someone just checked three of the servers for me and they look fine,
unfortunately. They have the correct /27 mask and the correct gateway.
The output of the commands they used did not show the broadcast
address.

These are "bonded" interfaces on Linux and I'm starting to think
something funky is happening with the bonding. It's not LACP, which I
think of when they use the term "bonding". It just seems to be some
sort of active/backup configuration. We're going to tackle it again in
the morning. It sure seems like something is forcing that traffic
through the ACL on the layer three interface, but I don't think I've
ever run into this before, at least that I recall. I did verify that
the router has no VACLs configured, too. Very odd.

Thanks,
John